507 South Second Street
The Walker’s Point area has evolved into one of the hottest new commercial districts within the City of Milwaukee. Wangard Partners has up to 84,000 SF of available space for lease within the 84,000 SF 507 S. 2nd Street building, which was the formerly Eagle Knitting Mills building in 1928. This historically industrialized area is emerging as an exciting and diverse commercial/entertainment district. The City of Milwaukee and Walker’s Point Association created a strategic action plan for the area, which noted several key goals and metrics for the area.
- Per the 2000-2010 Census, the area quadrupled in population, which is expected to continue.
- Walker’s Point is the fastest growing tract within the City of Milwaukee.
- The area is targeting continued development and has a goal of attracting and growing the creative sector, small manufacturing, entertainment and mixed-use (high-density/high-amenity mix).
- Emphasis will be placed on placemaking and walk-to-work infrastructure.
- The area immediately surrounding the building has a Walk Score of 86 (very walkable), a Transit Score of 60 (good transit) and is four minutes from Downtown Milwaukee and two minutes from the Third Ward.