1433 North Water Street (Laacke & Joys Redevelopment)
Downtown Milwaukee’s renaissance is in full swing and the redevelopment of the former Laacke & Joy building is a testament to the tremendous revitalization. This historic building was mostly reused and transformed into a stunning Class A office that was specifically designed to meet ad agency Bader Rutter’s desired in a new headquarter’s location. The interior monumental repurposed steel staircase serves as a strong, vibrant interconnection between floors and inspires gatherings and meetings. Throughout demolition, Wangard Partners partnered with local companies, such as WasteCap, to recycle and reuse materials. The building also features geothermal HVAC and solar panels.
An important feature of this development is the continued development of the Milwaukee Riverwalk. Wangard Partners worked in partnership with the City of Milwaukee to securing funds for the Riverwalk, which was another important aspect for the main tenant’s culture and brand. Wangard Partners worked on multiple funding incentive packages including TIF, New Market Tax Credits, and PACE for this development.
- 115,673 RSF Class A office building to be built on the northern portion of the site
- 570’ of incredible river frontage and views along the new river walk
- Bike and kayak accessible. Potential for public boat slips
- Ample onsite and offsite parking
- Timber beams and exposed brick in the existing building – the “3rd Ward” feel within the CBD
- Seven time award-winning development
- Smart building features
Interested in leasing office space? Please check our Property Search page for leasing details here.