July 14, 2020
Please note the Milwaukee Common Council has approved a mandatory mask ordinance for the City of Milwaukee. The ordinance “requires a mask or face covering on any person in an indoor public space, as well as a mask or face covering on any person in an outdoor public space when within six feet of another person – save for those who are members of the person’s family or household – for the duration of the ongoing “Moving Milwaukee Forward” health and safety orders.”
Subject to the city ordinance, for the health and safety of you, your neighbors and our team – we request the following for you and your guests.
Please wear a mask when in all common areas of the building.
We ask that when you are in any common hallways or areas of the building – walking down hallways, disposing of trash, walking to and from your car, getting your mail – that you wear a mask. Preventing a pandemic from affecting our building is our job, as well as the job of all of our residents, and we thank you all for doing your part in preventing the spread of disease.
Here are additional reminders to stay safe:
- Regular good habits:
- Stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands frequently – especially after
touching doorknobs or pushing elevator buttons – and follow proper hand-washing
- Using warm water and soap, wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and discard immediately in a lined trashcan and wash your hands immediately afterwards following the steps noted above.
- Do not share personal items (dishes, utensil, cups, bedding, towels, etc.)
- Clean all high-touch surfaces every day
• If you feel ill:
- Stay in your unit and let building management know you are feeling sick by calling or emailing us.
- Separate yourself from other residents and pets.
- If you need to leave your unit to go to a doctor, please wear a mask over your nose and mouth (or in the absence of a mask, use a scarf or handkerchief) and disposable gloves. Discard these items upon returning home and/or wash immediately.
- Any co-residents should use a face mask and or gloves when in the same room as you.
- Do not use public transportation, ride sharing, or taxis.
- Do not enter any public areas in the building.
Thank you for your cooperation, stay vigilant and stay safe!