Wangard Partners Inc. completed a new mixed-use development in the Fifth Ward/Walker’s Point neighborhood. Freshwater Plaza includes:
- A 46,280 SF Cermak Fresh Market
- Four-story mixed-use building – 16,645 SF retail and three floors of apartments (76-units)
- Future 45,600 SF retail building with 80-units and parking
- Sherwin Williams on north outlot and a future user on the south outlot
Formerly the location of an industrial foundry, Freshwater Plaza is adjacent to the inner harbor, located between Rockwell International and the rail corridor. The redevelopment is a neighbor to the UWM School of Freshwater Sciences. Freshwater Plaza is a catalyst for the neighborhood. Cermak Fresh Market provides high quality shopping and local flair in a food desert. Wangard worked with numerous Federal, State and local authorizes having jurisdiction including the Inner Harbor District, Walker’s Point Association and the Wisconsin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to make this redevelopment possible. The redevelopment allowed for the clean-up of a brownfield site.
The pet-friendly Freshwater Apartments are designed to offer luxury apartment homes within a lively commercial district known for its harbor views, industry and culture. The building has an urban appeal with contemporary aesthetics.
- Commercial Real Estate Award
- Top Project Award
- Best On-Site Apartment Property Manager of the Year
- Impact Ingenuity Award