If you are super-organized and love working with people, then a Leasing Consultant position with Wangard is perfect for you. Our goal is to develop sites into walkable neighborhoods that provide amenities that simplify lifestyle, provide economic development and promote sustainability. Join our growing team of professionals and help transform the Milwaukee area. Type A personalities are more than welcome to apply, as details are key in this position, provided you also have a gentle touch when it comes to dealing with community relations. We are seeking full time leasing consultants to assist with the lease-ups of our exciting new projects. Our dynamic portfolio is growing providing tremendous opportunities for growth for the right candidates.
- Maintain superior customer service
- Stay on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities
- Assist in conducting market studies
- Show, lease and move in prospective residents
- Update unit availability daily
- Process rental applications
- Submit tenant and property work orders
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Receive and collect rent and cash receipts in accordance with company standards
- Provide clerical and phone support
- Maintain all resident files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation
- Maintain a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments inspected and compliant with established standards prior to move-in
- Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues and matters to the community manager
- Conduct resident move-outs in accordance with state law and company standards
- Maintain all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management-approved debits and credits
- Ability to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Each job duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
High school education or equivalent is required
Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions
One years’ experience in residential property management or related field is preferred, but not required
Experience in the service industry is a plus
Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions
Skills include an excellent ability to address the needs of residents, prospects and vendors. Other essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong sales background
- Ability to drive and access to a car
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to fair housing
Basic computer and Internet knowledge
Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. Specific vision requirements include the ability to use close vision; distance vision; color vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
This position is a full time salaried position. This position requires the availability to work some nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events.
Learning and Development:
Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
This position reports to the Property Manager.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.