Northwestern Mutual’s $450 million corporate headquarters in downtown Milwaukee and the $33 million expansion of Milwaukee Tool in Brookfield are among the winners of the Milwaukee Business Journal’s 2018 Real Estate Awards. Check out the attached slideshow to see photos of many of the winning projects.
The redevelopment of the Mackie Building and the Germania Building in downtown Milwaukee, along with the opening of Pete’s Fruit Market in Milwaukee’s Bronzeville neighborhood and Uline’s continued expansion in Pleasant Prairie, will also be honored among the top real estate projects completed in 2017. Two large mixed-use development projects — 84South in Greenfield and The Corners shopping center in the town of Brookfield — also made our awards list.
In all, 16 projects in southeastern Wisconsin were chosen to be honored.
Given the surge of development in southeastern Wisconsin, we had a strong nomination pool to pick from, with more than 50 projects submitted for consideration for our popular awards program. These awards focus on the best real estate deals and projects completed in 2017, with judges looking strongly on community impact and project success. Projects included are within Milwaukee, Kenosha, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha counties.
We plan to honor all of our 16 winners, and name the Project of the Year, at an awards luncheon on April 12 at the Italian Community Center, followed by individual stories about these important projects in our April 13 issue. Below is a complete list of winners; first- and second-place designations won’t be announced until the April 12 awards event — just a little added suspense.
2018 REAL ESTATE AWARD WINNERS
• Bader Rutter & Associates, 1433 N. Water St., Milwaukee
• The Corners of Brookfield, 20111 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield
• DoMUS, 441 E. Erie St., Milwaukee
• 84South (mixed-use development), West Layton Avenue and South 84th Street, Greenfield
• Freshwater Plaza, South First Street and East Greenfield Avenue, Milwaukee
• Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Sports Science Center, 1201 N. Sixth St., Milwaukee
• Gerald L. Ignace Indian Health Center (renovation), 930 W. Historic Mitchell St., Milwaukee
• Historic Germania Building (renovation), 135 W. Wells St., Milwaukee
• The Mackie Building (redevelopment), 225 E. Michigan St., Milwaukee
• Master Lock Co. (corporate HQ relocation/expansion), 6744 S. Howell Ave., Oak Creek
• Milwaukee Tool (Phase I expansion), 13135 Lisbon Road, Brookfield
• Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons, 720 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
• Pabst Milwaukee Brewery, 1037 W. Juneau Ave., Milwaukee
• Pete’s Fruit Market, 300-320 W. North Ave., Milwaukee
• St. Augustine Preparatory Academy, 2607 S. Fifth St., Milwaukee
• Uline Corporate Office Building H2, 12100 Uline Place, Pleasant Prairie
(NOTE: All projects are winners, with first- and second-place designations announced at the awards event along with Project of the Year.)
View the full article as recently published in the Milwaukee Business Journal here.