Wangard Partners, Inc. (WPI), one of the largest commercial development and property management companies in southeastern Wisconsin, has secured another prestigious award from the USGBC Wisconsin. At the annual USGBC Wisconsin Transformation Awards ceremony on Thursday, November 5th, 2015, Wangard Partners was honored for Operational Excellence.
According to the USGBC Wisconsin chapter, the Operational Excellence Award “honors those that exemplify leadership in operating the buildings and landscapes in our community with environmental sensitivity, resource efficiency and longevity”. High Pointe Office Centre, which was built in 1998 prior to LEED being in existence, was utilized as a case study property, because it incorporated green and sustainable building practices during construction as well as throughout facility maintenance. Wangard Partners is teamed up with Hunzinger Construction Company in pursuit of tracking sustainable metrics for commercial buildings within our portfolio.
High Pointe Office Centre is nestled into a gorgeous campus that includes mature trees and a retention pond that creates a park-like setting and provides exceptional views. The property is adjacent to Underwood Creek Parkway, which features an 18-hole, par 3 golf course; tennis courts; sand volleyball courts; nature and biking trails. An added benefit to the tenants is that lifestyle amenities are within walking distances and transportation bus routes are under a ½ mile from the building. A car sharing service, RelayRides, is also within a ½ mile of the building. Some of the key metrics captured for High Pointe Office Centre include:
- The building was 95% leased within 10 months of construction completion
- Kitchen and bathroom faucets were switched from a 2.5 gallon/minute to a 0.5 gallon/minute setting saving 2,390 gallons of water per week
- High Pointe Office Centre received EPA Energy Star certification with a score of 93
- In 2011 the building earned LEED EB O + M Gold certification
- Sustainable landscape design and restoration practices resulted in a reduction of 76% irrigated water use and with the retention pond keeps 75% of storm water on site
“High Pointe Office Centre is a remarkable building that is cared for by the very best in the industry. Wangard Partners takes a hands-on approach when it comes to ensuring this building maintains and exceeds LEED certification and Energy Star status. While High Pointe Office Centre is a showcase building, Wangard Partners has also received Energy Star status for our 875 E. Wisconsin, Regal Corp., Wisconsin Department of Children & Families and VA Community Resource and Referral Center buildings. Earning LEED Certification and Energy Star status is much more than the paperwork that we fill out; it’s about maintaining and having a passion for sustaining what’s most important – our natural resources.”
– Kim Guerrero, FMP, Senior Property Manager | Wangard Partners, Inc.